Who started it?’ Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin sips champagne as he defends assault on Ukrainian civilian infrastructure
𝗖𝗡𝗡: President Vladimir Putin made unusually public comments on Russian military attacks on Ukraine's energy infrastructure on Thursday while holding a glass of champagne at a Kremlin reception. After an awards ceremony for "Heroes of Russia," he addressed the group of soldiers receiving the awards. He said of the attacks: "Yes, we are.
Who blew up the power lines at the Kursk Nuclear Power Plant? His comments related to an explosion at the Kerch Bridge on October 8 when a truck at the strategic crossing blew up, causing extensive damage. Ukrainians have never claimed responsibility, but the Kremlin was quick to blame Kyiv. In the days after the bridge blast, Putin said that "further terrorist attacks on the territory of Russia will be tough...there is no doubt about it." Russia,
" Putin addressed the group of soldiers accepting the awards.Reuters Last week, Putin appeared on the Kerch Bridge, where he was shown the repairs, and drove a car through the structure, which he himself officially opened in 2018. During his appearance in the Kremlin on Thursday, he continued: "Who doesn't supply water to Donetsk? Not providing water to a city of millions is an act of genocide.”
He ended his seemingly spontaneous comments by noting that people seem to refrain from mentioning that the water supply to Donetsk has been cut off.“No one said a word about it anywhere. Absolutely! Absolute silence.
The Russian President succinctly compared the different responses to the attacks on Russia and the attacks on Ukraine, saying: "As soon as we move, let's do something about it: noise, noise, crackling throughout the universe." He concluded the speech by saying that he "will not interfere with our combat missions" before toasting the listening soldiers and sipping from his glass of champagne.
Since the beginning of October, Ukraine has been subjected to a broad attack on critical infrastructure and energy sources. The attack has left millions across the country facing power outages amid freezing temperatures. On Monday, Russia unleashed a fresh wave of missile and drone attacks on energy infrastructure across Ukraine.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said the attacks had caused major power outages in several regions, including Kyiv and Odessa. Repair work is underway to repair infrastructure facilities across Ukraine.Most power plants are now feeding electricity into the national grid after being temporarily shut down in late November when Moscow sent a volley of missiles at power generation plants, said Ukrenergo, Ukraine's state electricity operator.
But there remains a "significant deficit" in the country's electricity system, caused by months of strikes that led to consumption restrictions, the operator said. electricity.In a statement in November, Ukrenergo acknowledged that the race to restore power to homes is being hampered by “strong winds, rain and sub-zero temperatures.”
“The pace of restoration [to household consumers] is slowed down by difficult weather conditions,” it said, with the damage “made worse by the freezing and rupture of wires in distribution networks.”
A top Ukrainian official said the attacks on the country’s energy grid amount to genocide. Ukrainian Prosecutor-General Andriy Kostin made the comments while speaking to the BBC last month
.jpeg)

.jpeg)

No comments
Post a Comment